Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ten kids?? Jesus, Dickens, when did you have time to write?

My name is Sylvia Cunningham and I have a problem. I am in love with Charles Dickens. I mean, I might be on a high from writing my crowd scene essay a la Dickensian--it was ridiculously fun to do by the way--but I think that him and I should meet up in another life and get married. Dear Lord, I feel like Mrs. Klein. I CAN'T BE WORSE THAN MRS. KLEIN, can I?? GULP. Do you think she would kill me if she knew I wanted to steal her man?
You know, I wonder what Dickens was like as a person. Like, if he was really fun to talk to and all that jazz. Research must ensue (believe me you'll be hearing about it.) But after reading Oliver Twist last year, I was like "I love him! He's so funny" and I felt very alone because everyone else was like "What is this crap?" BUT NOW, I've taken my love to a whole new level. I mean, look at Oliver Twist, look at Tales of Two Cities, look at Christmas Carol--Goddamn Dickens--you have the sarcasm of a comedian today, you're so modern and yet you have this touch of old style charm! And I am impressed/surprised/contemplative of the fact that you have 10 freaking children. DUDE. Busy much?
But I mean, I'm not going to go to the place where I think of 'doing Dickens', but if I were to, I would say that his wife would have to testify that he was pretty damn good.

Eh...well, who knows what goes on under that dapper suit of his?
MY GOD. MOVING ON.
I'm a creeper and will be going to bed now. I am so excited for school tomorrow and I can't wait to get to world lit--what is wrong with the world??? Weeeeee....
Off to dream of...well you can guess.
"I am a disappointed drudge, sir. I care for no man on earth, and no man on earth cares for me."
THAT'S NOT TRUE SYDNEY CARTON. I LOVE YOU!
In other news, I've never felt like more of a geek.
Goodbye!

No comments: