Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oh Darling...

I'm in one of those moods today where I don't want to be here, but yet, I can't think of any place where I want to be. Anything I think of just doesn't seem quite right...and so it makes me feel like I'm nowhere and everywhere. It's a terribly confusing feeling. So, I decided to talk about the masters of all types of feelings: The Beatles. Basically I think you could match your mood up with one of their songs everyday.

So I know that the two opening scenes of Across the Universe are quite different--they exist to show the juxtaposition (ANNIE DIAMOND!) of the two in fact--but I somehow want to be in both. I crave for oldies school dances where people…ZOMG ACTUALLY DANCED??? But then of course, I want to party it up in London…I can practically feel the music pumping from my shoddy screen capture.

Again, same dilemma. I am in love with Lucy and Jude’s house…when she goes up the stairs with the letter to her room…ah, I just love it. But then again, I adore the back streets of London. And although I don’t have a picture, I absolutely love Sadie’s apartment. I would move there in a heartbeat. I'll admit it, I'm obsessed with all of these lovely locations; SO WHY DON'T I WANT TO BE IN ANY OF THEM TODAY? Maybe it's because I don't want to be stationary. And in these pictures, even if I could go inside one of them and roam and search and explore, I would still feel like I was frozen. Even moving around wouldn't seem to satisfy me. Ah. I wonder if anyone else ever gets these mixed up feelings.
Not such a long post today, but I'm super tired. And I'm still kind of feeling weighted down from hearing about Eileen. I don't get dying. I just can't think about it practically at the moment.
My Beatles song of the day: Eleanor Rigby

1 comment:

Lauren Goddard said...

I know what you mean, I feel totally weird right now and inbetween places! haha.

x x x