Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes...

Anyone who is a fan of Love Actually knows how the rest goes (the original, not Billy's later Christmas remake.) So, it's true. LOVE IS ALL AROUND. I started thinking about how lovey dovey life has been (well not for me, but for those around me) when I was looking through some pictures and found this wedding dress:



I would love a wedding dress like this. I sincerely dig the off-the-shoulder straps.
Anywho, as soon as I started singing Love Is All Around, I couldn't get Love Actually off my mind. So. My favorite story line? It's hard to say.

I loved how the story with Colin worked out exactly as he thought it would. It was just a nice and unexpected surprise that his wildest dreams (and more) came true just as he thought they might.

Jamie and Aurélia. Aw. There's something about a language barrier that makes for some good fun. Although this might have not been my favorite storyline, I always looked forward to the scenery and the witty captions. Who am I kidding? I love every minute of all the story lines.

John and Judy! Brilliant Britishness. Appropriately inappropriately, awkward, and sweet.

He's just great. And I love how he appears twice.

Daniel and Sam are pretty adorable together. Watching the relationship develop between them is so sweet and I think it adds to the cuteness that they're not actually related.

"It's a terrible, terrible mistake, Chubs, but you turn out to be the fucking love of my life." Just about one of my favorite lines in there.

Okay so when I first watched the movie, I thought that Mark was in love with Peter, not Juliet. Obviously it soon becomes clear that this is not the case, but I liked how the love between them was recognized but not pursued. We all want a guy like Mark, let's face it. Whose heart doesn't melt when he/she reads the cards he makes for Juliet? But still, I like how it was realistic. She went back inside; the two of them didn't run off and have passionate sex.

ADORABLE! Hugh Grant is heavenly and their relationship is so adorable.

Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson. Both utterly fantastic. I absolutely love them both. You just want them to work. And your heart kind of breaks for both of them with that clip of Mia putting on the necklace.
Again, it doesn't work out in a lovely unrealistic way that we're all so accustomed to seeing in movies...so that was a refreshing change...but at the same time NOOOOOO. Sarah and Karl are just...so frigging adorable. And his body!...um yeah, that is a grand scene. Until it gets messed up. Again, your heart just kind of breaks.

Of course the best thing about it all is how the stories intertwine. Connections you don't even suspect all pan out...and I really didn't mean to go into this rant about Love Actually but I couldn't help myself.
I'm exhausted and should be doing homework and instead am talking about a comedy romance slice of perfection. Typical.
Have a nice night (or at least what remains of it),
Sylvia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY LOVE ACTUALLY.

My favourite storyline has to be Sam and Daniel...Sam is just a total cutie and the scene in the airport is just about the most adorable thing ever.

Oh, well...Hugh Grant storyline is also adorable....ugh I don't know.

Well, one of the best quotes for ya, "There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?" heh.

Unknown said...

The moment I read you"re title i thought Love Actually. I absolutley love that movie. I agree with emmy the sam and daniel storyline is qoute but so is the ever lovely Hugh Grant's.
XOXOX
Libby
www.fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com